Offences which cause you to lose points from your driving licence:
You will lose 6 points for the following infractions:
• Driving with a blood alcohol concentration higher than 0,50mg / l or under the influence of illegal drugs and stimulants (0.30 mg / l for professionals and holders whose driving licence is less than two years old).
• Refusing to take a drug or breathalyser test.
• Driving in the wrong direction.
• Reckless driving or participating in unauthorised vehicle racing.
• Manipulating the speed limiter function.
• Driving vehicles using a radar inhibitor devices or traffic monitoring systems.
You will lose 4 points for the following infractions:
• Driving with a withdrawn driving licence or driving a vehicle which has been removed from circulation.
• Driving a vehicle without the proper licence.
• Driving a vehicle with alcohol concentration higher than 0.25 and up to 0.50 mg / l of exhaled air. (For professionals and licence holders with less than two years’ experience, the maximum rate is 0.15 and 0.30 mg / l).
• Discarding objects that may cause accidents, fires or obstruct circulation.
• Not stopping at: red light traffic signs and Stop signs, and priorities of passage, as well as failure to follow the signals of a traffic police officer.
• Taking over other vehicles and endangering oncoming traffic, or in circumstances of reduced visibility.
• Failure to keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front.
• Reversing on motorways and expressways.
You will lose 3 points for the following infractions:
• Doing a U-turn which does not comply with the law for Road
• Driving without using a seat belts or child restraints.
• Driving without a helmet or using an invalid helmet.
• Driving using headphones or using your mobile, GPS, or any devices that reduce the attention in general.
(Information translated by http://torreviejatranslation.com/