LETTER TO RESIDENTS FROM THE MAYOR OF MIJAS
Surely you’ve witnessed the great development that has been carried out in Mijas in the last few years. The efforts made by not only the people born here but that of the people that have decided to come to live here from other parts of Spain and other parts of the world, has been fundamental to be able to live in a town with such a superb quality of life.
Great part of the control of this development falls on the local administration that is nearest to you: The Town Hall. And as every four years we have to choose the people that will represent the most important ideas and values considered by the citizens. These are the municipal elections and they are going to be held on the 24th of May, 2015.
Spaniards (over age) are automatically included on the electoral census, but the foreigners that are registered on the “padron” inhabitants list must ask specially to be included. In order to check whether you are allowed to vote and in which polling station, you can check it by introducing your DNI or NIE number at the following link: http//www2.mijas.es/Censo/
Please be reminded that voting is not only a right but a responsibility. In a democracy, we believe in the government with most votes, and therefore, we want to facilitate this work with a few observations:
• The Polling stations are the same as in the last European elections in 2014, which included the new schools in Calahonda and Riviera del Sol. The address of each school appears when you enter your ID or NIE into the link above.
• The Polling stations will be open, uninterruptedly, from 9 am to 8 pm.
• To vote, you have to bring your ID or passport, resident card or resident certificate.
• No need to carry the reminder that is usually sent by post to you.
• At the polling station you can choose the ballot of the political party you want, and there are envelopes available. There is no need to write anything on the ballot, as any writing will make your vote void.
Finally, inform you that your vote is secret as well as voluntary. However, as Mayor of Mijas and as a democrat, I believe that more people voting will make it more fair. Therefore, I invite you to participate in these elections, devoting a few minutes of your Sunday to vote, thus helping to build a better life for all of Mijas.
Mayor of Mijas