A faulty gas boiler installation caused the death of an elderly British couple at their Northern Costa Blanca villa. Derrick and Vicki Holdback were found at their house in the La Lluca area of Javea last week after friends alerted the Guardia Civil that they had not been seen for a number of days.

Guardia officers entered the building last Thursday morning and spotted 78-year-old Derrick dead in an armchair, whilst his deceased wife, 68-year-old Vicki, was found on the floor. They were killed by carbon monoxide fumes that had come from the boiler.

They had lived in the area for nearly 20 years and were well known figures in the expat British community of La Lluca.

Load More Related Articles
Load More In 

Check Also

Orihuela Costa Will Receive Grants They Can Use to Celebrate National Holidays Locally

Over 50 representatives of foreign community groups and associations based on the Orihuela…