Gas Explosion Kills Santa Pola Man

A man was killed in a gas explosion in his Santa Pola apartment on Saturday.

The incident, which occurred at around 18:00 on Saturday on calle Almansa, was caused by a butane gas canister in the man´s home and resulted in a fire which spread through the three-storey building.

Local police cordoned off the area whilst four fire tenders attended the scene, along with a basic life support ambulance, but there was nothing that could be done to save the man, as fire fighters battled the blaze and searched for other victims, although it is believed the 45-year old man, originally from Cuenca and working as a fisherman in the town, was alone at the time.

Translate »