Connect with us
Online shopping Online shopping

News

E-commerce grows 16.3% more than the previous year in Spain

Published

on

E-commerce turnover in Spain increased to more than 84 billion euro in 2023 according to the latest e-commerce data available from the CNMC.

The sectors of activity with the highest revenues were travel agencies and tour operators, with 8.5% of total turnover; clothing, with 7.3%; and air transport, in third place, with 5.5%.

Looking at the number of transactions, more than 432 million transactions were recorded in the fourth quarter of 2023, an increase of 15.1%. Gambling and betting led the ranking by sales (6.9%).

In terms of geographic segmentation, 40.1% of revenues in the fourth quarter of 2023 were destined for Spain. The remaining 59.9% were purchases originating in Spain made abroad.

By number of transactions, 34.1% of sales were destined for Spain and 65.9% for abroad.

The turnover of transactions originating in Spain and directed abroad was 13,59 billion euro, 19% more than in the fourth quarter of the previous year. 94.4% of purchases from Spain to abroad were made in shops located in the European Union.

The branch of activity with the highest volume of business from Spain to abroad was clothing (10.9%).

Advertisement

Adverts

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Mark Nolan’s Podcast

Advertisement

Trending

PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Skip to content