Connect with us

Spanish National News

THE WEEK IN GOVERNMENT

Spain has redirected 1.2 billion euro of financial aid from the EU to combat youth unemployment in the country during 2012 alone, according to figures released this week by the European Commission. As a result, some 125,000 people, under the age of 25,…

Published

on

Mariano Rajoy

Spain has redirected 1.2 billion euro of financial aid from the EU to combat youth unemployment in the country during 2012 alone, according to figures released this week by the European Commission. As a result, some 125,000 people, under the age of 25, are said to have benefitted from the scheme, but this has not eased the ever increasing numbers of those unable to find work, which peaked at 55.5%, second only to Greece.

Civil partnerships through the Notary will now cost in the region of 90 euro, after the Spanish government announced a charge to the service. The Director General of Notaries and Registrars, Joaquín José Rodríguez, has said that although the actual fee is yet to be set, it is likely to be around the same as is currently charged for similar registrations. Authorization under which the notary accounted for weddings, which is currently free to the judge, will be charged, whereas for those officiated by Mayors, each territory will continue to set the amount to pay.

Officers from the Spanish tax office have announced their intention to increase inspections and checks on artists, performers and athletes. The move follows the special amnesty arrangements they had been operating, which did bring in a considerable amount of revenue, but they now aim to collect over 11% more than they have previously budgeted for. They are now planning some 17,000 visits, as well as on-line checks.

The gap between the rich and poor increased in Spain by 10% during the first two years of the crisis, between 2007 and 2009, a rate “significantly” higher than average in the rest of European Union countries, according to a report issued this week. The increase in the Gini index, the difference between the most and the least, is the result of the slowdown in economic activity and “soaring unemployment”, says the document, which specifies that “households with lower incomes have depleted their resources during the crisis, unlike in the richest households”.

Pharmacists of Catalonia has called a protest on Thursday in the Plaza Sant Jaums in Barcelona, to protest about the non-payment of the Government, as one of the three measures voted on in a referendum and that includes the judicial claim of Interest generated by delays and a petition. This week, the Ministry of Health has paid 30% of the debt corresponding to January this year, 108.6 million euro, and it plans to pay the remaining 70% later this month, whilst some previous months are still outstanding.

Filed under: http://www.theleader.info/article/38211/

Car and Motor Insurance | Spanish Home Insurance | International Money Transfers | Send Money to Spain | Spain Property | Online International Payments | Property in Spain
Costa Blanca Property for Sale | Cabo Roig Property for Sale | International Payments |

Advertisement

Adverts

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Mark Nolan’s Podcast

Advertisement

Trending

PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Skip to content